We are determined to increase community awareness and the capacity of partner organisations to prevent family violence.
There is no question that family violence is a significant issue in our community.
- The number of family violence incidents in Victoria recorded by police has increased from 65,179 in 2013/14 to 76,124 in 2017/18 (Victoria Police Data Tables 2017-18)
- Within the SMPCP catchment incident reports have increased from 4,042 in 2013/14 to 4948 in 2017/18.
We invite you to join us in changing these figures through prevention strategies.
The Southern Melbourne PCP Family Violence Working Group is working collaboratively with over 20 community groups, partner organisations, schools, local media and neighbouring Primary Care Partnerships to develop a shared understanding of family violence issues. Together we have:
- Developed a Statement of Commitment for partner agencies
- Piloted an education program in secondary schools
- Developed an online family violence and gender equality training module
- Developed consistent messaging across the catchment which includes language that conveys gender equity
- Supported and participated in the 16 Days of Activism campaign annually between November 25 - December 10
Our activities are outlined in more detail in the Working Group'sOperational Plan.
Visit our resources page to access more useful information.