World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
Social media toolkit 2020
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is held on June 15 every year and aims to raise awareness of this significant form of family violence.
Elder abuse is any act which causes harm to an older person and is carried out by someone they know and trust such as a family member or friend. Abuse may be financial, psychological, physical, social, or sexual and includes mistreatment and neglect.
To raise awareness of elder abuse in 2020, the SMPCP Elder Abuse Prevention Network launched a podcast Rod Quantock gets serious about ageing. We invite you to help spread the word by using the social media tools listed below.
Suggested Facebook text
On World Elder Abuse Awareness Day – June 15, comedian and social activist @rodquantock gets serious about ageing in a new podcast which encourages young and old alike to:
- challenge ageist and sexist attitudes
- empower older people to know their rights and act on them
- raise awareness of elder abuse, including what it is and where to get help if desired
The podcast tackles the serious issue of elder abuse in a light tone and features Rod Quantock interviewing:
- Gerard Mansour, Commissioner for Senior Victorians and Advocate for Elder Abuse Prevention
- Gary Ferguson, Education Co-ordinator – Seniors Rights Victoria
- Michelle Lord, Elder Abuse Prevention Network Project Lead – Southern Melbourne Primary Care Partnership
Links to listen to the podcast on Spotify, Apple podcasts, google podcasts, or media players can be found at http://www.smpcp.org.au/index.php/our-work/projects/eapn/podcast
#WEAAD #SeniorsRights #worldelderabuseawarenessday
Social media tile
Choose one of the images below to add to your email signature. You can also add the following under the image in your signature:
Links to the podcast can be found at www.smpcp.org.au/index.php/our-work/projects/eapn/podcast